Starting over

Moving on with life after an 18 year marriage and six children.

Friday, September 08, 2006

I'm Pissed!

My 13 year old has some issues. He is not totally mental or anything, but he lacks respect for me to the extent that he has occasionally said, "Fuck You, Mom and Your a bitch". That kind of language is not how I talk to him or any of my children and is not acceptable. He also picks on his 8 year old brother a lot. Because of this I decided I would take him to a counselor. I am worried he has hurt feelings pent up that are coming out aggressively. I told my ex that I was concerned about him and his reply to me is that Mark told him he didn't talk to me that way. This really bothered me, not because I wanted him to do anything, but because he was insinuating that I was lying, which after 18 years together he knows I would never do and while we were together he would have never acted that way. Anyway, he balked at where I was taking Mark because our co-pay was $65 and he would have to pay half. Today I sent him this e-mail, because the counselor thinks Mark is okay and with a little more positive re-enforcement he doesn't think he needs to come back.
---- Original Message -----
From: Debra Hicks
To: Thomas L. Hicks
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 12:09 PM
Subject: This weekend
Tom,
I will be by to pick Hunter up at 5:55 to 6 am on Saturday morning. Mark went to the counselor today for the second and last time. I will be sending copies of the receipts to you with the kids this weekend. Your portion is $65. The counselor thinks he is fine, and doesn't need to continue in therapy.
Deb

Here is his response:

I know Mark is fine. Mark is not the one with major issues. You wasted your money and projected your own inadequacies on him. If I were Mark I'd be pissed at you too. Try being a mother worthy of respect. Thanks for the feedback.

Tom

Why me? This guy is the biggest asshole I know. Mark was fine with his first counseling session but threw a fit this morning when he had to go again, because of what his father was saying. Sometimes I wish my ex would get run over by a bus or kill himself like he threatened to so many times. Actually, I don't wish those things, I am just mad. I do wish he could stop being so insulting every chance he got.
By the way, even though I said I would not take the kids on my 2 days off out of every 14 that is exactly what I am doing. He refuses to help out with my son's football, so I have told him I will no longer be able to transport our other children to thier Karate class, which he is also a part of. I know sounds petty, but I am tired of being shit on and I know that he will get them there since we just live right across the street from him.
Someday, in the distant future things will get better. If not sooner, when the last one turns 18.
Here is a couple of photos of happier times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home