UGH!!!
Well, just got off the phone with my ex. I have been having issues with him lately. We mostly don't talk, which works best, but there are certian things we need to discuss, if only through e-mail. Well, he wanted to take two of our kids to a Karate tournament Friday (today). I found this out through the kids. I sent him an e-mail asking what time. He didn't respond. I sent him another e-mail because he is going to take the kids for the weekend and one of our kids has a jog-a-thon Saturday morning and a b-day party to attend. I wanted to let him know about those things to make sure he could get them there. No response. So, after two days I called his home phone and got no answer. I then tried his cell and spoke with him for 1 min and 22 seconds when he was no longer there. Turns out he clicked over to the other line without mentioning to me he was doing it and carried on another conversation, so he did not answer when I called back the first time. The second time he answered and told me what he had done. So polite! Anyway, we spent some time, probably about 40 minutes discussing issues about our children. It wasn't until about 30 minutes into this conversation where I am being very polite that I realize I am getting constantly jabbed. He told me that he doesn't have problems with the kids like I do. Okay, why? Well, maybe it is because they are only with you 2 out of 14 days. Maybe it is because they are scared you will hurt them. He tells me he thinks I am a rotten person because I look forward to my time away from the kids. He is mad that I expect him to make plans to get the kids to their sporting events on his weekends. If you didn't know it, my ex is blind. He has a wife that has vision and drives, but she drives when and where she wants. He has our oldest daughter that will help him out sometimes he also has our oldest son who drives. All I ask of him is to try and work it out with them and if they can't do it I will pick up the slack, but because I only have 2 days out of 14 that I don't have to be responsible I don't want to. That makes me really bad in his book. He even said he would like to go back to court and pay less support if he is expected to get our kids anywhere. This really irritated me since he left for the summer and didn't make arrangements for his wife to take the kids on his weekend. By law, I should be financially compensated for him not being here, but he isn't offering. He also told me that if I would call and ask his wife would have taken them. Am I wrong to think it is his obligation to take care of things on his weekend? Does he think I want to call the lady who is responsible for breaking up our family and ask her if she will please take our kids? Give me a break! I mean he is blind, not stupid. I had to end the conversation when he started telling me how he doesn't care about me or anything I do. I asked him first what the purpose was of saying that? He just continued on. When I told him I was going to have to end the conversation he hung up. It is so difficult to talk to him. I wish we could just stick to facts and treat each other with respect, but that seems impossible. I really love being a mom and want to enjoy my kids at the age they are, but one thing I wont miss about them being grown is not having to deal with him. He is mean and cruel and cuts to the bone. This really dumb side of me is always hoping he will change and be decent.
Another thing. He was upset because I asked him if he could put $15 in a card for our sons birthday. I told him I would provide the card. I told him I had four co-pays which he owed me $24 and we could call it even. He says I am nickel and diming him to death. I don't ask for most of the dr. visit co pays. He pays his support and I am grateful for that, but for some reason he feels that since he buys the kids things on occasion that he shouldn't be responsible for paying any dental and health bills. Another thing, if a birthday party is on his weekend I think he should be the gift, but maybe I am wrong. I certainly know he isn't going to offer.
I wish I didn't care about us getting along, but it is a sore spot and probably always will be.

1 Comments:
I am going to start charing him when he should be paying since he doesn't appreicate things when I try and be nice. One thing I thought of today. I am wondering if his attempts to be mean are because he wants to see if I cry. If you could get me to cry it would make him feel like I care. I remember this was a big issue in our marriage. Who knows? I am not going to worry about it. I am going to try not to think about him, and just get what I am entitled too.
Post a Comment
<< Home