Starting over

Moving on with life after an 18 year marriage and six children.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Another day

Well, the good news is I haven't felt this serious need to write lately. I don't know why, but I tend to write more when I am frustrated. It seems to help me understand myself when I put it on paper. Anyway, I am reading this book my mom recommended that is called Open House by Elisabeth Berg. It is about divorce. In chapter three the woman who's husband doesn't want her anymore said that she felt like she couldn't think. Like she was a wreck and her kid didn't deserve to have a mom that was so out of it. It reminded me of feeling so out of it, like it almost wasn't my life. Anyway, I am glad I am past that now. I thought about my ex tonight, and how I was going home to my new man. It was a nice moment, because I wasn't sad about our relationship not working out. I was at peace. I am not always at peace, but for that moment I was.
The ex called tonight. It is his weekend for the kids. Our son has weigh ins for football at 8 am tomorrow. His wife wont take him so I got a nasty message (smart me for not answering his call) telling me that I am rotten for not getting him there. I suppose it doesn't matter that I will be out with clients and it is not my responsibility. He can F... off. Excuse my language, but I am so sick of him. My oldest daughter called in tears, becasue he was yelling at her. Now, knowing him like I do, he is frustrated that his wife is not more helpful, so he chooses to take it out on us. it was almost nice to have that comaradre with my daughter, but overall it would be much better for her to never be treated poorly, because he is frustrated. We both wonder why this new wife can't help out. Last time he had the kids my oldest son and daughter drove the kids around and his wife didn't help then either. I know for her it sucks to be married to someone who is blind. I did it for many years and it is a lot of pressure. Maybe he realizes that he shouldn't require so much out of her. He should pay a taxi on the rare occasion he needs one and not make his kids feel bad.
Well, got home from football practice tonight and was looking forward to some alone time with Tim. I even rented a dirty movie, but after the message from my ex and then walking in to find he had my dog in the crate for five hours while he was home had me a bit pissed off. Also, he was grumpy for some reason, still don't know why since he had some time to himself and the house was cleaned today. Oh well, not something I am going to give a lot of thought too. Time to take a shower and get in bed. I have to leave for Phoenix at 8 am. I am bummed I can't go garage selling and spend my birthday money. I really want a wind chime to hang in my courtyard. They sound so pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home